Master’s degree program starts in April every year whereas our Ph.D. program receives new students twice a year, in April and October. For admission, including application procedures and deadlines, visit the website of Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo. The admission process, including interviews, will be held online for the admission of 2022 or later.
For prospective students who request the letter of acceptance under the Government of Japan (MEXT) Scholarship, visit the website of Graduate School of Medicine.
School of International Health accepts prospective students who apply Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship program (page below).
Any question, contact the Graduate Student Affairs Section in the Graduate School of Medicine.
Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo
Graduate Student Affairs Section
Email: in ＜at＞ m.u-tokyo.ac.jp
URL: Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK-JAPAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2023
Deadline of the application for ADB – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) is extended to July 15, 2022.
(Application form can be found at the bottom of this page.)
Our School has a special program for Asian Development Bank-sponsored Master/Doctor Course education, called ADB-Japan Scholarship Program. This program was launched in 1996 and about five scholars from developing ADB member countries have been admitted every year. The scholarship includes round travel fees between the scholar’s home country and Japan, entrance and tuition fees, subsistence allowance (147,000 Yen per month) and some other allowances.
For the ADB-JSP scholars, our School conducts special examination for entrance. Usually during February, the application forms are available on this website, and applicants should send all necessary forms and documents before the end of June. The entrance examination committee, which consists of staff of our School, has responsibilities of the first-step examination and then the ADB Headquarters makes the second-step examination.
To be eligible for admission to this program, applicants must
- be a citizen or national of an ADB member country listed below;
- Master course: have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record. In Japan, an individual is required to be enrolled in school for at least 16 years in order to complete a bachelor’s degree. For applicants who have obtained their master’s degree in their home country and have completed it only within 16 years, their master’s level education may be counted as only be equivalent to a Japanese bachelor’s degree. The bachelor’s degree equivalent will be determined by the School of International Health.
- have working experience for at least two years in the field of health/medical science after graduation;
- be aged below 35 years;
- not be military personnel;
- be able to arrive in Japan between 1st and 10th of April, 2023;
- agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program;
- not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country;
- have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- be in good health.
- Applicants with less than two years of work experience will not be selected.
- Preference to women candidates.
- Preference to applicants with lesser financial capacity. (Family income should not be more than US$50,000/per year and Individual income should not be more than US$25,000/year)
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who have previously studied abroad.
- The Program will, in principle, not support applicants who are pursuing a second master’s degree.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of the other international organizations are not eligible for the Scholarship.
In the current situation, applications of the candidates from the following ADB member countries are accepted: (1) Afghanistan (2) Armenia (3) Azerbaijan (4) Bangladesh (5) Bhutan (6) Cambodia (7) Cook Islands (8) Fiji (9) Georgia (10) India (11) Indonesia (12) Kazakhstan (13) Kiribati (14) Kyrgyz Republic (15) Lao PDR (16) Malaysia (17) Maldives (18) Marshall Islands (19) Federated States of Micronesia (20) Mongolia (21) Myanmar (22) Nauru (23) Nepal (24) Pakistan (25) Palau (26) Papua New Guinea (27) Philippines (28) Samoa (29)Solomon Islands (30) Sri Lanka (31)Tajikistan (32) Thailand (33) Timor-Leste (34) Tonga (35)Turkmenistan (36) Tuvalu (37) Uzbekistan (38) Vanuatu (39) Viet Nam (40) Niue
ADB-JSP APPLICATION FORM 2023
Deadline for application (All the documents must be arrived): 17:00 JST, 15th July 2022 (deadline extended).